Administration of Estates
Many people choose a family member as the executor of their estate. Often the financial complexity of an estate warrants the skills, expertise, and objectivity that only a professional can deliver. We'll provide the personal attention and continuity of service that these sensitive financial matters deserve.
As executor, co-executor, or agent for your executor, we’ll perform all the administrative, tax, and investment functions required to settle an estate including:
- Collecting, safeguarding, and appraising the assets
- Determining debts and claims against the estate
- Managing the estate on an on-going basis
- Assembling personal and financial information required to prepare and file the estate tax returns and determining if alternate valuation makes sense for your situation
- Rendering accountings to the probate court and other interested parties
- Distribution of estate assets in accordance with your instructions
When you appoint us as executor or as your agent, we believe you are initiating a valuable relationship and one that will benefit you and your beneficiaries and provide you with peace of mind that your wishes will be carried out as you intended.