Protecting your personal financial information is a top priority for us at Bristol County Savings Bank. Please click on the following links for additional information:
- Scam Alerts – Find the most recent information to protect yourself from scams.
- Protect your personal identity – Learn best practices to protect your identity when banking online.
- Trusteer – A security software application designed to help safeguard your account by attempting to protect your web browser from online threats.
Home Depot Compromise
Home Depot recently announced that their payment systems had been compromised from April through September 2014 and criminals used unique, custom-built malware to collect debit and credit card information on approximately 56 million payment cards.
Bristol County Savings Bank customers who made purchases using their Debit MasterCard may be impacted by this breach. Home Depot is providing free identity theft protections for impacted customers.
Bristol County Savings Bank recommends the following actions:
- Monitor your account statements and online activity closely to ensure that all transactions posting to your account are properly authorized. If you find any suspicious activity please notify us immediately at 508-828-5420 or contact your local branch.
- If you made a debit card purchase at any Home Depot after March 31, 2014 then you should sign up for the free identity theft protection service offered by Home Depot.