About Us

Frequently Asked Questions

How can we help you?

What is the routing number for my Bristol County Savings Bank account?
The Routing Number for Bristol County Savings Bank is 211370859.
How can I change my address?
To update your address, please contact us by phone at 508-828-5420 or secure email or visit a local branch office.
How do I sign up for bill pay?
Within the Online or Mobile Banking application you can click on the “Bill Pay” tab. Follow the instructions to enable your account(s) and to enable payees.
How do I view the back of an imaged check?
Select the check number you wish to view. A new window will open with the image of the front of the check. There will be an option at the top of the window to view the back of the check.
How long are statements available/archived?
Once you opt into receiving online statements they will remain in your Online Banking for 18 months. You can also export the statements to your computer and they will remain there until you choose to delete them.
I forgot my password – how do I get a new one?
If you have not had three failed attempts at entering your password, you may click on the “reset it yourself” link on the sign in page. If you are successfully authenticated via phone, text message, or out of wallet questions, you can set a new password for your Online Banking.

If you have attempted more than three times to enter your password and failed, please call the Customer Service Center at 508-828-5420 or visit a local branch.

I forgot my user ID – how do I get a new one?
In order to obtain your User ID, please call the Customer Service Center at 508-828-5420 or visit a local branch.
I have two checking accounts; how do I select the appropriate checking account for paying bills?
Once you have been set-up for Bill Pay, log into your Online Banking and click on the “Customer Service” tab, then “Customize Your Accounts”. This will bring you to a list of your accounts where you will have the option to check off which account/accounts you wish to have as Bill Pay Accounts.
Why can’t I transfer out of my passbook account?
Withdrawals from passbooks must be completed at a branch office. However, we do offer statement savings accounts which can be accessed electronically.

About Loans

Can I skip a payment and add it onto the back of the loan?
Skip-A-Pay options are offered twice a year via direct marketing if certain criteria is met.
How can I find out the balance or payoff on my loan?
Please call Customer Service at 508-828-5420 or email us in order to obtain a payoff.
Is there a discount of fees for returning loan customers?
Some loans have a discount with automatic payment from a Bristol County Savings Bank deposit account. You can either call Customer Service at 508-828-5420 or visit a local branch for more information.

About Deposits

How can I open a deposit account?
To open an account please visit one of our convenient branch offices or personal accounts can be opened online (see below for details).
I didn’t authorize a transaction that appeared on my statement. What do I do?
You can always start the process by calling and alerting us immediately. For most unauthorized transactions you will also need to visit your local branch to fill out forms.
Is there a limit as to how much I can spend per day on my debit or ATM card?
The daily limit for a debit or ATM card is $500. If you would like to raise this limit, please contact us at 508-828-5420 or visit your local branch.

About Opening a Deposit Account Online

How can I open a deposit account?
 Personal deposit accounts can be opened online. Open your account here.
How can I find my security code (CVV) on the back of my debit or ATM card?

The CVV Number (“Card Verification Value”) on your credit card or debit card is a 3 digit number on your MasterCard® branded debit cards.

Your CVV number can be located by looking on the back of your debit card.

Providing your CVV number to an online merchant proves that you actually have the physical debit card – and helps to keep you safe while reducing fraud.

CVV numbers are NOT your card’s secret PIN (Personal Identification Number).

You should never enter your PIN number when asked to provide your CVV. (PIN numbers allow you to use your debit card at an ATM or when making an in-person purchase with your debit card.)

I need to make changes to my personal information. What can I do?
Please contact us at 508-828-5420 or stop by any branch office to make these changes.
I need to provide my account and routing number. I don't have checks, so where can I find these numbers?
You can locate your account number on your latest statement. The ABA Routing Number for Bristol County savings Bank is 211370859.
Which ownership type should I choose for my account?
If you will be the only person to have ownership of this account, choose individual. If you would like someone else to be an owner on the account, select Joint.
Why do I need to provide personal information on this application, and how will it be used?
Federal laws require financial institutions to obtain, verify and record personal information that identifies each person who opens an account. Your information is securely stored on your account and customer record once your account is opened.
Why do I need to review and accept disclosures?
Disclosures contain the important terms and conditions about the account you are opening. Reviewing and accepting disclosures ensure that you are informed about how we will manage your account.
NACHA-External Account Authorization
By accepting this statement, you are authorizing Bristol County Savings Bank to initiate a one-time electronic debit for your initial funding deposit (and if necessary, electronically credit your account to correct erroneous debits).
What is a U.S. Person?

The IRS tax code has specifically defined the term “United States person” as meaning any of the following:

  • A citizen or resident of the United States
  • A domestic partnership
  • A domestic corporation
  • Any estate other than a foreign estate
  • Any trust if:

– A court within the United States is able to exercise primary supervision over the administration of the trust, and
– One or more United States persons have the authority to control all substantial decisions of the trust

  • Any other person that is not a foreign person
What is FATCA?
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a United States federal law requiring United States persons (including those living outside the U.S.) to have yearly reported themselves and their non-U.S. financial accounts to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and requires all non-US (Foreign) Financial Institutions (FFI’s) to search their records for suspected US persons for reporting their assets and identities to the US Treasury.